The Opluz Multi-Function Smart Card Reader is capable of reading your CAC card as well as SD cards.
The Opluz Multi-Function is extremely lightweight and portable. It is designed in a way which makes it easy to fold up and take home without weighing you down.
If you use your CAC card with a Windows 10 device, the Opluz Multi-Function is a great choice of CAC reader, as it has confirmed compatibility with Windows 10.
- Read Card Types --- Compatible with SD HC/XC, MMC, RS&4.0, CAC/DOD Smart Card, SIM, Micro SD Card, M2, MS/Pro/Duo Card, etc
- Compatible Computer System --- Windows (32/64bit) XP/Vista/ 7/8/10, Mac OS X.
- Certifications Standards --- ISO-7816 & EMV2 2000 Level 1, CE, FCC, VCCI, CCID, Microsoft WHQL, And RECOMMENDED by militarycac.com.
- Support Other Card Types --- 5V, 3V and 1.8V Smart Cards, ISO 7816 Class A, B and C. Memory Cards - SD card / micro SD card / M2 / MS / SIM Card.
- After-sale Service --- Free lifetime technical support and 24-month manufacturer's warranty and Hassle Free Replacement or Money back in 3 months.
Positives About the Opluz Multi-Function Smart Card Reader
- Confirmed compatibility with Windows 10
Negatives About the Opluz Multi-Function Smart Card Reader
- Reports of Poor Customer Service
Frequently Asked Questions About Opluz Multi-Function Smart Card Reader
Although Opluz Multi-Function Smart Card Reader is one of the most prominently used CAC readers, there are still some very important questions to be answered so as to make sure it will allow you to use it with your system without the hassle.
What is It Compatible with?
Opluz Multi-Function Smart Card Reader works on Windows, Mac, and Linux. However, depending on the level of your operating systems, you many need to install a driver. To use your CAC with your computer, you’ll still need to download the appropriate drivers (in some cases) as well as the necessary DOD certificates.
Do I need to Install a Driver for this to Use with My CAC?
Normally, no, so long as your computer has an updated operating system, drivers should be able to recognize the CAC reader. If you do have to install or update your drivers, this article will help you do just that. There are a couple of reviews on Amazon that state that the CAC reader didn’t work for them, and I strongly believe this was because the person didn’t have the right certs or drivers in place.