The Rocketek RT-CSCR2 is one of the most reliable of the CAC card readers. Many military personnel already use this card reader since many commands carry them and use them for portable computers. Also, it has an updated USB Type C Connection!
That being said, this is not a permanent placement type CAC reader as compared to others in the industry. It doesn’t have a strong stand like permanent fixtures and includes a long wire which can become a hassle.
However, it’s my personal belief that CAC readers such as the Rocketek RT-CSCR2 are sort of the best of both worlds in that it can sit prominently on your desk but is easy to pick up and go if need be.
- DOD Military CAC USB Smart Card Reader for Government ID, National ID, ActivClient, AKO, OWA, DKO, JKO, NKO, BOL, GKO, Marinenet, AF Portal, Pure Edge Viewer, ApproveIt, DCO, DTS, LPS, Disa Enterprise Email etc. CAC Cards
- Smart Card detection: Movement detection with auto power-off Automatic Detection of smart card type Short circuit and thermal protection
- Compatible with US Military and Government DOD ID cards for secure login
- Card types: ISO7816 Class A, B and C (5V/3V/1.8V) Smart Cards
- Free lifetime technical support and 24-month manufacturer's warranty and Peace of mind 90-day return period.
Positives About the Rocketek RT-CSCR2 Smartfold Smart Card Reader
- Entire Card Held By Reader – Protects Against Loss
Negatives About the Rocketek RT-CSCR2
- Dimmer than expected activity light
Frequently Asked Questions About Rocketek RT-CSCR2 Smartfold Smart Card Reader
Although Rocketek RT-CSCR2 Smartfold Smart Card Reader is one of the most prominently used CAC readers, there are still some very important questions to be answered so as to make sure it will allow you to use it with your system without the hassle.
What is It Compatible with?
Rocketek RT-CSCR2 works on Windows, Mac, and Linux. However, depending on the level of your operating systems, you many need to install a driver. To use your CAC with your computer, you’ll still need to download the appropriate drivers (in some cases) as well as the necessary DOD certificates.
Do I need to Install a Driver for this to Use with My CAC?
Normally, no, so long as your computer has an updated operating system, drivers should be able to recognize the CAC reader. If you do have to install or update your drivers, this article will help you do just that. There are a couple of reviews on Amazon that state that the CAC reader didn’t work for them, and I strongly believe this was because the person didn’t have the right certs or drivers in place.