The Rocketek RT-SCR10 is one of the most reliable of the CAC card readers. Many military personnel already use this card reader since many commands carry them and use them for portable computers.
That being said, this is not a permanent placement type CAC reader as compared to others in the industry. It doesn’t have a strong stand like permanent fixtures.
However, it’s my personal belief that readers like the Rocketek RT-SCR10 are sort of the best of both worlds in that it can sit prominently on your desk but is easy to pick up and go if need be.
- 【4 in 1 Card Reader】Multi USB card reader for PC, USB card adapter easily expands Smart Card, SIM Card, SD and Micro SD/TF slots on your computer, laptop. It supports CAC card, SIM Card, SD card, SDXC (up to 2 TB), SDHC, micro SD, micro SDXC, micro SDHC memory cards.
- 【Universal Compatibility】Chip Card Reader works with virtually all contact chip cards and PC operating systems, including Windows (32/64bit) XP/Vista/7/8/10, Mac OS X and Android OS. Compatible with Laptop, Computer and Other USB devices.
- 【Support Card types】Credit Card Reader support 5V, 3V and 1.8V Smart Cards, ISO 7816 Class A, B and C & EMV2 2000 Level 1, CE, FCC, VCCI, CCID, Microsoft WHQL. Ideally suited for use in high-security federal government applications, online banking and credit card payment apps, Windows authentication and Single Sign-On (SSO), Network login, and much more.
- 【Smart Card detection】Movement detection with auto power-off Automatic Detection of smart card type Short circuit and thermal protection. Buy Rocketek CAC DOD Military Card Reader, you will get 24-month Manufacturer's Warranty, Hassle Free Replacement and Free lifetime technical support.
- Entire Card Held By Reader – Protects Against Loss
Negatives About the Rocketek RT-SCR10
- Dimmer than expected activity light
Frequently Asked Questions About Rocketek RT-SCR10
Although Rocketek RT-SCR10 is one of the most prominently used CAC readers, there are still some very important questions to be answered so as to make sure it will allow you to use it with your system without the hassle.
What is It Compatible with?
Rocketek RT-SCR10 works on Windows, Mac, and Linux. However, depending on the level of your operating systems, you many need to install a driver. To use your CAC with your computer, you’ll still need to download the appropriate drivers (in some cases) as well as the necessary DOD certificates.
Do I need to Install a Driver for this to Use with My CAC?
Normally, no, so long as your computer has an updated operating system, drivers should be able to recognize the CAC reader. If you do have to install or update your drivers, this article will help you do just that. There are a couple of reviews on Amazon that state that the CAC reader didn’t work for them, and I strongly believe this was because the person didn’t have the right certs or drivers in place.