The Saicoo CAC Card reader V2 is one of the most reliable of the CAC card readers. Many military personnel already use this card reader since many commands carry them and use them for portable computers.
That being said, this is not a permanent placement type CAC reader as compared to others in the industry. It doesn’t have a strong stand like permanent fixtures and includes a long wire which can become a hassle.
However, it’s my personal belief that CAC readers like the Saicoo CAC Card reader V2 are sort of the best of both worlds in that it can sit prominently on your desk but is easy to pick up and go if need be.
- NO DRIVERS required for Windows 11/10/ 8/ 7 or Mac OS 10.11.1 and above. Just plug and play.
- Security and Compatibility: Compatible with smart cards for secure login; And RECOMMENDED by militarycac dot com. Support standard EMV,ISO7816 Class A,B and C,PIV,EMS, CE, FCC.
- DOD Military CAC USB Smart Card Reader for Government ID, National ID, ActivClient, AKO, OWA, DKO, JKO, NKO, BOL, GKO, Marinenet, AF Portal, Pure Edge Viewer, ApproveIt, DCO, DTS, LPS, Disa Enterprise Email etc. CAC Cards ( Don't support VA PIV card)
- Sleek Ergonomic Design -Gloss Black Finish. ( Don't support VA PIV card)
- What You Get: CAC Smart Card Reader USB2.0, 18-month warranty and lifetime technical support.
Positives About the Saicoo CAC Card reader V2
- Entire Card Held By Reader – Protects Against Loss
Negatives About the Saicoo CAC Card reader V2
- Dimmer than expected activity light
Frequently Asked Questions About Saicoo CAC Card reader V2
Although Saicoo CAC Card reader V2 is one of the most prominently used CAC readers, there are still some very important questions to be answered so as to make sure it will allow you to use it with your system without the hassle.
What is It Compatible with?
Saicoo CAC Card reader V2 works on Windows, Mac, and Linux. However, depending on the level of your operating systems, you many need to install a driver. To use your CAC with your computer, you’ll still need to download the appropriate drivers (in some cases) as well as the necessary DOD certificates.
Do I need to Install a Driver for this to Use with My CAC?
Normally, no, so long as your computer has an updated operating system, drivers should be able to recognize the CAC reader. If you do have to install or update your drivers, this article will help you do just that. There are a couple of reviews on Amazon that state that the CAC reader didn’t work for them, and I strongly believe this was because the person didn’t have the right certs or drivers in place.