The Saicoo CAC Card Reader V1 is a horizontally resting CAC card reader suited to stationary usage but also light enough to carry around without trouble.
The Saicoo V1 has a long cable with a cable tie which makes it suitable for computer setups of almost any type.
This CAC card reader has been praised for its durable build quality and reliable performance. It’s excellent review score and high number of reviews are testament to its popularity and performance.
- DOD Military CAC USB Smart Card Reader for Government ID, National ID, ActivClient, AKO, OWA, DKO, JKO, NKO, BOL, GKO, Marinenet, AF Portal, Pure Edge Viewer, ApproveIt, DCO, DTS, LPS, Disa Enterprise Email etc. CAC Cards
- Compatible with Windows (32/64bit) XP/Vista/ 7/8/10, Mac OS X
- Sleek ergonomic design -gloss black finish. Piv and EMS ready. ISO7816 Class A, B and C.
- Compatible with US Military and Government DOD ID cards for secure login; And RECOMMENDED by militarycac
- What you get: saicoo CAC USB smart card Reader, CD driver, 18-month and lifetime technical support.
Positives About the Saicoo CAC Card Reader V1
- 18 Month Warranty
- Lifetime Technical Support
- Durable Build Quality
- Long cord with cable tie for desktop usage
Negatives About the Saicoo CAC Card Reader V1
- SIM Card use with Windows only
Frequently Asked Questions About Saicoo CAC Card Reader V1
Although Saicoo CAC Card Reader V1 is one of the most prominently used CAC readers, there are still some very important questions to be answered so as to make sure it will allow you to use it with your system without the hassle.
What is It Compatible with?
Saicoo CAC Card Reader V1 CAC Reader works on Windows, Mac, and Linux. However, depending on the level of your operating systems, you many need to install a driver. To use your CAC with your computer, you’ll still need to download the appropriate drivers (in some cases) as well as the necessary DOD certificates.
Do I need to Install a Driver for this to Use with My CAC?
Normally, no, so long as your computer has an updated operating system, drivers should be able to recognize the CAC reader. If you do have to install or update your drivers, this article will help you do just that. There are a couple of reviews on Amazon that state that the CAC reader didn’t work for them, and I strongly believe this was because the person didn’t have the right certs or drivers in place.